ON PRINT - The north-west tower is called
St. Thomas, after the Saint to whom the Abbey
was dedicated. The construction resembling
a chimney-can, with which it is crowned, has
long stood there, but of course formed no
part of the original structure.
The building to the right of the picture,
adjoining the south-west tower, is in line
with the regality buildings of the Abbey,
shown partly in 'The Abbey Pend' picture,
and has long been occupied as a flax warehouse.
by George Hay, 1883)