ON PRINT - 'Arbroath,' 'Aberbrothock,' and
'Aberbrothwick' are all names by which the
royal burgh of Arbroath is known, but 'Arbroath'
is the only one in ordinary use, the use of
the others being now mostly confined to certain
legal documents. 'Aberbrothock,' however,
is still a good deal applied to the Abbey.
It has so happened that in this picture there
is introduced a view of 'the Provost's lamp,'
standing opposite the dwelling-house and business
premises of Provost Alexander Reid. (Notes
by George Hay, 1883)