Round about the Round-O 1880. Arbroath's yesteryear in print
 

email us
homefeatured printthe artistthe engravingsRembrandta Scottish brandarchive
Round about the Brothock_-_GO BACK TO CONTINUE SHOPPING Back

PRINT CODE - 015

015

'The Old Church'

(Small - 7" x 12" embossed giclée print)
£14.99 G.B.P. (approx. $27 U.S.D.)



(Large - 13.5" x 18" embossed giclée print)
£24.99 G.B.P. (approx. $45 U.S.D.)


NARRATIVE ON PRINT - The Old Church, the church of the parish of Arbroath, was completed about the year 1590—perhaps a year or two earlier, soon after Arbroath was erected into a parish separate from St. Vigeans. It is the oldest existing place of worship in the town.

The church was enlarged in 1762, when the south wall was rebuilt. It occupies a site in the south-west angle of what was formerly the precinct of the Abbey, and a small tower which had stood there from the times of the Abbey was until 1830 the church tower, and was surmounted by a wooden steeple. The tower was removed in that year to make way for the present spire.
(Notes by George Hay, 1883)
top
visa, mastercard, delta, electron, switch, solo, echeck, american express
For your security
shop powered by
PayPal
newslettershopping guidecontact uslinkssite mapcopyright



The Round-O




HomeFeatured printThe artistThe engravingsRembrandtA Scottish brandPrint shopArchive
Newsletter
Shopping GuideContact usLinksSite MapCopyright



Website designed and built by Dreambox® Design, Fine Art and Publishing © 2004. All rights reserved. Tel. 01241 870355.