Round about the Round-O 1880. Arbroath's yesteryear in print
 

email us
homefeatured printthe artistthe engravingsRembrandta Scottish brandarchive
Round about the Brothock_-_GO BACK TO CONTINUE SHOPPING Back

PRINT CODE - 017

017

'The High School'

(Small - 9" x 9" embossed giclée print)
£14.99 G.B.P. (approx. $27 U.S.D.)




(Large - 18.5"x14" embossed giclée print)
£24.99 G.B.P. (approx. $45 U.S.D.)


NARRATIVE ON PRINT - This building was erected in 1821, as the result of a public meeting held in the Town Hall on 5th April 1820, at which the Hon. William Maule, M.P. (afterwards Lord Panmure) presided. It stands on the site of the old Parochial or Burgh School, when the Burgh School ceased to be held in the building in School Wynd which had been used in that capacity for two centuries at least. The line of street leading up from the side of the School is Academy Street, Ponder-law, and Springfield, the view being closed by St. Mary's (Episcopal) Church. (Notes by George Hay, 1883)
top
visa, mastercard, delta, electron, switch, solo, echeck, american express
For your security
shop powered by
PayPal
newslettershopping guidecontact uslinkssite mapcopyright



The Round-O




HomeFeatured printThe artistThe engravingsRembrandtA Scottish brandPrint shopArchive
Newsletter
Shopping GuideContact usLinksSite MapCopyright



Website designed and built by Dreambox® Design, Fine Art and Publishing © 2004. All rights reserved. Tel. 01241 870355.