ON PRINT - The second house on the left side
of the picture, with a broad outside stair,
was about the beginning of this century the
chapel and clergyman's house of the 'qualified,'
or English Episcopalians, previous to their
union with the Scottish Episcopalian congregation.
The Rev. William Bruce was at one time the
The High Street terminating with the sea,
at Danger Point, it frequently happens, as
in the picture, that the view is closed in
with a ship under sail, or lying at anchor.
Before the construction of a strong bulwark
there, the sea was making encroachments at
Danger Point, and within the last thirty or
forty years a dwelling-house, together with
a building called the Fish-house, was in consequence
rendered uninhabitable, and was taken down.
by George Hay, 1883)