ON PRINT - Besides the Shore, the picture
shows in the distance part of Ladybridge Street.
This street, together with Ladyloana
continuation of the Shorederives its
name from the Lady Chapel, or Chapel of Our
Lady of Aberbrothock, the principal of the
district chapels dependent on the Abbey.
The chapel stood on a site now included within
the dock, and close to the farther end of
the dock wall shown in the picture. The foundations
of the chapel, and some mouldings, were discovered
when the inner harbour was being converted
into a wet dock a few years ago. (Notes
by George Hay, 1883)